Entry rules and procedures
Nominations for the 2017 awards will close on Friday 26 May.
- Entries must be accompanied by a 50-word summary of your entry (for PR purposes).
- Shortlisted entrants may be asked to provide further information and to meet with a representative of the Law Society.
- Employees and office holders of the Law Society are not eligible to be nominated to the awards. They may, however, nominate individuals and team/firms not employed by the Law Society.
- Judges' decisions are final and awards will be made at their discretion. Not all the awards advertised will be awarded if the judges consider the criteria have not been met. Additional commendations may be made at the judges' discretion. Any awards will be automatically rescinded in the event of the winner being struck off.
- The content of any entry may be used for publicity purposes unless the entrant withholds their consent to this in writing. Content submitted online may be accessible publicly through our website. The content and its publication must therefore be lawful and not confidential.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and procedures and to have agreed to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- We regret that feedback cannot be provided on any individual entries.
- By submitting your nomination you are agreeing to be contacted by the Law Society with details of future Excellence Awards.
- To help us manage and maintain the reputation of the Excellence Awards you must inform us about any negative media stories relating to the nominated person or practice that have occurred during the 12 months preceding the Excellence Awards ceremony. Negative publicity does not necessarily mean that your entry will be disallowed, but if it is not disclosed your entry may be invalidated.
Eligibility for entry
You may nominate yourself/your own organisation or another individual/organisation. To be eligible to enter any of the individual awards, nominees must be on the roll of solicitors for England and Wales and practising, unless otherwise stated. Please read the criteria and specific entry requirements carefully. Submissions must relate to activities or initiatives conducted in the 12 months prior to 1 March 2017 (the month nominations open).
Entries will be judged by specialist judges and/or the Law Society president, vice president and deputy vice president.
Details of the specialist judges for each award will be announced shortly.
Excellence Awards winners will receive a trophy, certificate and logo for use in online and offline promotion. We expect the awards to receive extensive media coverage throughout 2017.
For queries or to request the entry form in another format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.