1. How long have you worked at your current organisation?
Almost 5 years. I started as managing counsel leading the legal team in January 2012 and was promoted to my current role in December 2015.
2. You're talking to a friend of a friend at a party. How do you describe what you do?
I’m a senior lawyer and leader for the world's largest biotech company. I am also a diversity campaigner within the wider business community and proud mum to a teenage son.
3. Career highlight?
So far, it is my promotion to general counsel and the overwhelming level of support and endorsement that I had for my promotion. I anticipate more highlights ahead...
4. Share some great advice you've been given
'Be who you are and say what you feel - those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.' We spend far too much time worrying about what people think of us and need to just get on with it!
5. How do you relax?
Nothing beats a quiet evening at home catching up with my son and then watching a good period drama or rom com.
6. What's your pet hate?
When people don't respect my time. Time is a precious resource and I juggle a lot of different commitments. I get very frustrated when I come across people who don't seem to appreciate this.
7. Favourite city?
Sadly, I can't choose just one, but: Florence, Rome, Prague and Budapest would all have to compete for being my favourite city.
8. What book is on your bedside table
9. If you were going to be stranded on a desert island, what three things would you bring with you?
My son, who is great company
10. What did you want to grow up to be as a child?
I wanted to be a lawyer from a very young age.