The City Code on Takeovers and Mergers 2016
An open Letter from Crispin Wright, Director General, The Panel on Takeovers and Mergers
The last year has seen continued UK M&A activity at all size levels.
As can be expected, many of these transactions have raised interesting questions of interpretation and application of the rules of the City Code on Take Overs and Mergers (“the Code”). The principles-based philosophy which underpins the Code enables the Takeover Panel to deal rapidly with new situations and to give guidance on a real-time basis to the parties involved in takeovers and other transactions involving corporate control.
In February, the Panel issued a public consultation on Communications and will report on this in the Summer. There will be significant impact on a number of market participants, particularly financial and public relations advisers. Two practice statements: one on information required for the purpose of obtaining regulatory consents and the other, on offer-related arrangements, have also appeared since the last conference and their impact will be discussed.
This year’s conference, the 36th in the series, will provide a forum for discussing all aspects of the Code. In doing so, it will assist practitioners and their advisers in keeping up to date with the regulation of takeovers and other transactions involving corporate control in the UK.
Expert Speaker Panel
The following speaker are taking part in this event:
- •Crispin Wright, Director General, The Takeover Panel
- •Nick Adams, Partner, Norton Rose LLP
- •Lee Coney, Partner, Clifford Chance LLP
- •Carlton Evans, Partner, Linklaters LLP
- •Robert Innes, Partner, Slaughter and May
- •Simon Jay, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- •Seth Jones, Partner, Allen & Overy LLP
- •Chris McGaffin, Partner, Slaughter and May
- •Ursula Newton, Partner, Capital Markets Group, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- •James Parkes, Partner, CMS Cameron McKenna LLP
- •Stephen Wilkinson, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
For further details, please visit: www.cityandfinancialconferences.com/CityCode2016
Standard Delegate Fee: £595.00 + VAT
Discounted Delegate Fee: £476.00 + VAT - use discount code TC36LS at the submit payment stage if booking online.
Alternatively telephone or email using details below, mentioning the code in either instance:
- •Telephone:+44 (0)1932 340115