LGBT Lawyers Division: committee vacancies
The LGBT Lawyers Division is the Law Society's new community for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) lawyers working in private practice, and in-house within corporate, public sector and not-for-profit organisations.
It will bring LGBT lawyers together to share best practice, and address current issues and challenges in a supportive environment.
We are looking for LGBT solicitors to be founding members of the LGBT Lawyers Division committee.
What we will do:
- help shape the Law Society's strategy on promoting LGBT diversity and inclusion in the profession
- facilitate the development and delivery of products and services which support the aims of the division
- respond to consultations by the SRA and other key stakeholders
Once selected the committee members will be required to participate on sub-groups, to write/source articles for e-newsletters and assist with networking events.
We are looking for applicants who fulfil the following criteria:
- are in possession of a clean record/regulatory history with the SRA
- can demonstrate a sound understanding of the issues facing LGBT solicitors
- can outline ideas for the development of the division's services
- appointments will be based on merit, following an open and clear selection process
We welcome a broad range of applications that represent the full diversity of the LGBT community within the legal profession.
The deadline for return of applications is 17.00 on 8 January 2016.
Please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
A selection panel will consider the applications and shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend a meeting at the Law Society on 19 January 2016.
The committee will launch on 4 February during the Law Society's LGBT History Month celebrations.