You are here:
  1. Home
  2. Support services
  3. Help for solicitors
  4. Practice Advice Service
  5. Q and As
  6. In which court can I recover costs from my client?

In which court can I recover costs from my client?

I want to recover costs from my client in the sum of £26,000. In which court do I commence proceedings?

You can only commence this action in the County Court. Proceedings cannot be commenced in the High Court unless the value of the claim is more than £100,000 (see Practice Direction 7A supplementing CPR Part 7).

Have you got a practice question? Call the Practice Advice Service on 020 7320 5675.

> See all of our helplines

Disclaimer: While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this article, it does not constitute legal advice and cannot be relied upon as such. The Law Society does not accept any responsibility for liabilities arising as a result of reliance upon the information given.

Back to Question List


Boundary Disputes, 2nd Edition
Boundary Disputes, 2nd edition

A concise exposition of the law of boundary disputes.

Boundary Disputes, 2nd edition > More