Day of the Endangered Lawyer 2021 seminar on Azerbaijan
The Day of the Endangered Lawyer 2021 focuses on Azerbaijan. This seminar addresses some of the challenges faced by lawyers there in practising their profession.
The seminar will cover:
- the legal profession in Azerbaijan and access to justice
- admission to the Bar
- disciplinary proceedings, including disbarment
- lawyers’ right to freedom of expression
- cases of Azeri lawyers before the European Court of Human Rights
- Shahla Humbatova (lawyer, Azerbaijan)
- Emin Abbasov (lawyer, Azerbaijan)
- Jessica Gavron (legal director, European Human Rights Advocacy Centre)
Moderated by: Dr Marina Brilman (international human rights adviser, Law Society of England and Wales)
Register for the webinar
Day of the Endangered Lawyer (Azerbaijan)
Date: Thursday 21 January 2021, 2pm to 3.30pm (UK time)
Please note that you will receive a confirmation email after registration, including instructions on how to join the seminar, in the week of 18 January 2021.