COVID-19: wellbeing and mental health resources
Promoting and supporting good mental health and wellbeing for solicitors is a key priority for the Law Society.
We’re aware that the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the social distancing measures are having a significant impact on the profession.
We’ve put together a set of resources to help you and your teams.
LawCare is a charity specialising in mental health and wellbeing for the legal community.
Its helpline is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm: 0800 279 6888
LawCare’s live chat is available on:
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 1.15pm to 5.30pm
- Thursday from 9am to 1.15pm
Resources for practitioners
- Mental health and wellbeing with Annmarie Carvalho (24 minutes)
- Mental health and wellbeing – take control (25 minutes)
- Working from home: stay fit, stay sane, stay in
- Practising mindfulness in a pandemic
- Look at yourself – causes and symptoms of stress by Elizabeth Rimmer
- We need to open up to each other to save lives by Elizabeth Rimmer
- Practical tips for returners during COVID-19
- Surviving or thriving? Researching wellbeing and mental health in the legal profession by Professor Richard Collier
- Trauma exposure in law: What you need to know and do by Caroline Marlow
- It's good to talk by Nick O'Neill
Resources for managers
- Supervising trainee solicitors during coronavirus
- Picture of health by Lucy Trevelyan – what can law firms do to help their people with stress and to create and support a mentally healthy workplace
- Under pressure by Paul Bennett – how managers in law firms can support their staff to mitigate mental health problems and their effects
- Law in lockdown: leadership and compassion – video (1 hour)
This series of two 90-minute live webinars will help attendees to develop effective practices to promote a more positive mental health culture within law firms/organisations.
Date: 1 and 8 July 2022
Time: 12pm to 1.30pm
Cost: £95 + VAT