Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Framework 2016-19
For our profession to be successful, we must ensure it benefits from the widest possible talent pool and that we can offer our services to the widest pool of clients. Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Framework supports this aim.
This 2016-19 framework builds on work undertaken as part of the Equality and Diversity Framework 2012-15 and focuses on the following areas:
- Policy and practice - assessing all new policies and major projects for their equality impact.
- Working together - with our members and internal and external stakeholders to maximise the benefits of collaboration on equality and diversity.
- Consulting and communicating - with members, partners and staff on developments and achievements.
- Monitoring - internally and through partners, monitoring progress against our equality objectives and the impact this has on the legal profession.
- Supporting members and partners - we will facilitate the achievement of agreed equality goals, including increasing signatories to the Law Society Diversity and Inclusion Charter.
- Engagement of supplier diversity - we will seek out methods of promoting and marketing the Diversity and Inclusion Charter to the wider legal sector supply chain.
- Employment - implementing recruitment procedures that aim to attract the best available candidates from the widest possible talent pool and enabling existing staff to develop their skills in a supportive environment.