- My LS
Webinar: Barriers to the representation of women in the judicial and legal system in Guatemala, 26 November
We're participating in a webinar run by the British Embassy in Guatemala on how to increase the representation of women in law in Guatemala.
The event will be in Spanish, and is open to all legal professionals.
Agenda and panellists
- Welcome – Barbara Amono-Oceng, deputy head of the British Embassy in Guatemala
- Transforming the future of the legal profession through greater gender equality, with an emphasis on Latin America – Lizzette Robleto de Howarth, international programme manager at the Law Society of England and Wales
- Regional perspectives on gender equality in Latin America – Adriana Quinoñez, country representative for ONU Mujeres
- Experiences, challenges and obstacles for women in the legal profession – Conchita Mazariegos, former president of the Constitutional Court
- Discussion moderated by Alejandra Colom
Register for the webinar
Date: Thursday 26 November 2020
Time: 9am to 10.30am (local Guatemala time) / 3pm to 4.30pm (GMT)