You are here:
  1. Home
  2. For the public
  3. Finding legal help abroad

Finding legal help abroad

There are a variety of sources available if you need to find legal help for a problem that has arisen outside of England and Wales, or for a matter within the UK that has a foreign dimension.

Find a solicitor

You can find solicitor based in the UK or overseas using our online Find a Solicitor search tool, by selecting the appropriate country from the drop-down list in the search form.

If a country isn't listed here it means that no solicitors have told us they practise there.  

Other resources

The British High Commission

You can approach the British High Commission in your target country for assistance. Search for embassy locations and details at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.

Related content