The Law Society is pleased to introduce AXA Health for their business healthcare cover.
Helping you build a stronger, healthier business
As AXA’s UK health and wellbeing specialists, AXA Health will be by your side to keep your business happy and healthy, and help your employees bring out their best selves.
Whatever healthy looks like for you and your employees, we'll help you get there, building a wellbeing culture throughout your organisation – no matter how big or small.
Our business health insurance covers one to 249 employees and can be built around the needs of you and your team.
Benefits of business health insurance
Business health insurance can have a number of benefits for you, your team and your business. These include:
- employee retention: including business health insurance in your employee benefits package can be a great way to retain your top team members. A recent survey of UK SME employees found that just over one third (35.3%) said they wanted to receive private health insurance as part of their employee benefits package (Cover Magazine, 2021)
- recruitment incentive: business health insurance can be a great incentive to help attract new talent to your business. One study found that 85% of employees are more likely to work for employers who offer clearly labelled benefits (Canada Life Group, 2019)
- workplace wellbeing: business health insurance can be beneficial to overall workplace wellbeing as it provides your team with access to health information and support when they need it
- productivity: employee wellbeing can, in turn, have a number of benefits for businesses including improved productivity. A study conducted by the University of Warwick found that happiness made employees 12% more productive (University of Warwick, 2014)
- flexible medical appointments: it also comes with the added benefit that medical appointments can often be at a time and place that suits you, so you can minimise the impact they have on your day
Why choose us to look after your business?
At AXA Health, we understand that when you own a business, your people are so often central to its success. That’s why we're here for them when they need it most, supporting them with healthcare cover that’s built around their needs – and yours.
We think that the best way for you to get the healthcare cover that’s right for you and your team is to let you build your plan yourself.
We offer a choice of private medical insurance options and benefits that you can select from, so that you only pay for the cover you want.* You may want to provide mental health support for the pressures which come with your area of work. Or maybe it’s physiotherapy support you know would be beneficial to your team.
Regardless of the cover options you choose, you’ll have access to the following included as standard:
- unlimited access to a 24/7 online GP service, AXA Doctor at Hand** (powered by Doctor Care Anywhere)
- health information and support from nurses, counsellors, midwives and pharmacists via the Health at Hand health information phone line
- cancer and heart support from the telephone nursing team
- wellbeing incentives such as discounted gym membership
- physiotherapy support and advice over the phone and online without the need for a GP referral via the Working Body service. Available to members aged 18 and over
*If you’re buying cover for one to two people only, you’ll need to include either the Treatment option or the Diagnostics Only option in your plan
**Doctor Care Anywhere’s fair usage policy applies. Appointments are subject to availability
Hear from our members
Thousands of small businesses trust us to look after the health and wellbeing of their people. Hear from some of our customers how flexible, affordable business healthcare plans fit the work they do and the needs of the people who get it done.
“We were very happy with how much cover we were able to get for the money.”
“It’s just so important to look after your employees. Health insurance is a relatively small cost to the business and the benefits of having it far outweigh the cost of it, especially when you consider recruitment and retention.”
Your health insurance questions answered
If you’ve considered offering business health insurance to your team, it’s likely that you have questions around how it works. That’s why we've created a small business guide to health insurance.
If you've found our small business guide to health insurance useful, you may also be interested in the articles below from the Small Business Advice section of our website.
Our Small Business Advice articles are aimed specifically at SME business owners and their teams, and include information and advice on how to look after your health and wellbeing.
Tips: Preventing aches and pains when working from home
Many of us may be working from home currently and for some time in the future. So how can we look after ourselves? In particular, our posture and minimising aches and pains whilst working from home.
Head of clinical services at AXA Health, Jan Vickery, shares ways to help avoid back pain and exercises if you’re struggling with neck pain.
The Law Society is an introducer appointed representative of AXA PPP healthcare Limited. AXA Health is a trading name of AXA PPP healthcare Limited, authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. The private healthcare insurance plans are underwritten by AXA PPP healthcare Limited. Registered office: 20 Gracechurch Street, London EC3V 0BG. Registered in England and Wales number 3148119. Write to us at: AXA Health, Phillips House, Crescent Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 2PL. We may record and/or monitor calls for quality assurance, training and as a record of our conversation. For information about AXA Health, visit axahealth.co.uk/aboutaxahealth.