For team or firm awards, use the judging criteria to explain why your entry should be considered.
Write up to 150 words under each of these headings. Judges will focus on the first 150 words only, per heading:
- outline of the initiatives/actions taken
- reasons for taking these initiatives/actions
- significant issues addressed
- benefits to the practice or organisation
- evidence of impact on clients or others
For individual awards, use the judging criteria to explain in up to 750 words why you think the nominee should win.
For every category we require:
- A 50-word summary of your entry
Summarise the key points of your entry in no more than 50 words. This description will be used in publicity material if your entry is shortlisted, so please make sure this is correct.
- Independent objective evidence
You’re encouraged to submit independent objective evidence of achievements from third parties. This will carry particular weight with the judges. This could be in the form of testimonials received on letterheaded paper, by email, via press cuttings etc.
Do not exceed three sides of A4 when submitting supporting evidence. Additional pages or materials will not be considered by the judges.
Submit through our website
Our preferred method of submission is using our online entry system. This is the quickest and easiest way for you to make your entry.
- To submit your nomination online, visit www.lawsociety.org.uk/excellence-awards.
- Select the ‘enter today’ link which will take you to the Excellence Awards online system.
- Register your details to create a login. Keep your password and username safe.
- Follow the prompts, ensuring that you follow the instructions and complete all sections.
Once you’re ready to submit your prepared nomination, make sure you’ve attached all supporting evidence as we cannot accept this once the entry is submitted.
It’s possible to save your entry before submitting, and you can access saved entries when you log back in to the system.
Download the entry form – email entry
If you're unable to use the online system, submit your entry by completing the 2020 entry form (Word 410 KB) and sending it to email@example.com.
Your entry must include:
- A completed 2019 entry form (Microsoft Word)
- No more than three A4 sides of independent objective evidence. Additional pages or materials will not be considered by the judges.
Make sure you’ve attached your supporting evidence along with the entry form to the email when you submit as we cannot accept this later.
All nomination forms must be received by 23:59 GMT on Friday 1 May 2020.