Simon McCrum is a management consultant to law firms, having previously become managing partner at a law firm the week the credit crunch started in 2007.
In this video, he sets out how his firm cut but also grew its way out of this challenging situation to become the fastest growing law firm in 2013.
He outlines what he learnt from this time and from working with law firms since, including:
- cash, not profit, is the priority right now
- the importance of collecting your debts – and whose responsibility this is
- the exacting engagement you should have with clients in place of an easy engagement
- how to secure profit-rich and cash-rich growth from your existing cases and clients
- how to do all of this in a way that gets you ready for real growth when more normal times return