- My LS
Criminal justice roadshows 2019
Our criminal justice system is at breaking point. Due to years of underinvestment it is facing an avalanche of problems, such as growing shortages of duty solicitors, court closures and barriers to accessing legal aid.
We have been making the case to government for increased spending on criminal justice to help fix the broken system, but we need your help.
We are holding free roadshows across the country that will focus on:
- how you can get involved in our criminal justice campaign
- collecting your views to inform our engagement with the government’s review of criminal legal aid fees
- collecting your views on the HM Courts and Tribunal Service reform programme
The roadshows will take place in:
- London - Thursday 16 May
- Exeter - Tuesday 21 May
- Bristol - Monday 3 June
- Birmingham - Tuesday 4 June
- Nottingham - Wednesday 12 June
- Sheffield - Thursday 13 June
- Redbridge - Tuesday 18 June
- Liverpool - Monday 24 June
- Newcastle - Tuesday 25 June
The roadshow sessions will take place from 3.30pm to 6pm.
Staff from across the Law Society will be leading the sessions, including our head of justice Richard Miller.
To ensure your voice is heard, book your place.