- My LS
Virtual diversity and inclusion conference 2021
We’re holding a free virtual diversity and inclusion conference with Leeds Law Society around National Inclusion Week from Tuesday 14 to Thursday 30 September 2021.
With a theme of ‘promoting a modern, diverse and inclusive profession’, the conference will consist of virtual events across six days.
Each will focus on a particular strand of diversity and inclusion:
- mental wellbeing – Tuesday 14 September (5pm to 7pm)
- LGBTQ+ – Thursday 16 September (5pm to 7pm)
- gender – Tuesday 21 September (5pm to 7pm)
- social mobility – Thursday 23 September (12pm to 2pm)
- disability – Tuesday 28 September (12pm to 2pm)
- race and ethnicity – Thursday 30 September (5pm to 7pm)
The events will be made up of talks and panel discussions with leading figures, together with hints and tips on diversity and inclusion best practice.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Lady Hale
- Lord Shinkwin
- Judge Victoria McLoud
- representatives from #10000BlackInterns, LawCare and the Bridge Group
A representative from the Law Society of England and Wales as well as Leeds Law Society will speak at each event, with someone from either Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Liverpool or Manchester Law Societies joining the panel discussion.
We’ll also be sharing pre-recorded content around religion and belief, age and intersectionality.
Book your place
Date: Tuesday 14 to Thursday 30 September 2021
Watch recordings from last year’s conference: