- My LS
Join us at the LAWASIA Annual Conference online
This year, for the first time in its 54-year history, LAWASIA’s flagship event will be held online. The LAWASIA Annual Conference webinar series will run as nine webinars over five consecutive weeks, every Tuesday and Thursday, from 10 September to 8 October 2020.
This annual conference webinar series, featuring a distinguished lineup of panellists from across the region and beyond, will be free to attend.
It's an important online forum for sharing ideas, reinforcing shared professional values, and advancing the status of the legal profession in the Asia Pacific region.
LAWASIA has developed an excellent programme focusing on a range of legal issues and key areas of law, including sessions focusing on:
- intellectual property
- alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- employment law
- anti-trust and competition law
- corporate securities and investment
The sessions will feature panels of experts and eminent speakers from across the region.
We're delighted this year to have several representatives of the Law Society of England and Wales participating in the LAWASIA panel discussions:
- Join our president at the Opening & Bar Leaders’ LAWASIA Roundtable: Bar Issues during the Pandemic in each Jurisdiction, Thursday 10 September, 7.30am to 9.30am BST
- Our Deputy Vice President, David Greene, will speak on the need for employment flexibility when external factors overwhelm the business, an employment law panel discussion on Tuesday 29 September 2020, 7.30am to 9am BST
- Junior Lawyers Division and Law Society Council Member, James Kitching (Womble Bond Dickinson), will join the panel discussion on the future for young lawyers: expansion of young lawyers’ role and value/new opportunities for young lawyers - the role of lawyers in the fourth industrial revolution and the after COVID-19 era, on Thursday 1 October 2020, 7.30am to 9am BST