- My LS
Memorandum of understanding with Belgian bars
The legal professions of the UK and Belgium came together to sign a memorandum of understanding at the Opening of the Legal Year.
On 1 October, leaders of law societies and bars in the UK and Belgium attended a signing ceremony at the margins of the Opening of the Legal Year celebrations in London.
The agreement was signed by the:
- Dutch Speaking Federal Bar
- French and German Speaking Federal Bar
- Brussels Bar (Dutch language section)
- Brussels Bar (French language section)
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Bar Council of England and Wales
- Law Society of Scotland
- Scottish faculty of Advocates
- Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Bar of Northern Ireland
The agreement supports our shared aim that our jurisdictions remain open and we will continue to work together closely.
It also sets out shared commitments to collaborate and lobby for the benefit of all our members.