- My LS
30 day challenge in aid of charity - get involved
As we start a new year of the Junior Lawyers Division (JLD), we're delighted to announce that the charity the JLD will be supporting this year is Refuge.
Refuge support individuals through helping them rebuild their lives and overcome many different forms of violence and abuse; for example domestic violence, sexual violence, so-called ‘honour’-based violence, human trafficking and modern slavery, and female genital mutilation.
Refuge supports more than 6,000 clients on any given day which we think this is incredible.
We are aware that domestic violence and abuse has significantly increased during COVID, and we want to show our support and unity to Refuge through raising funds for the work they will continue to do.
For further information about Refuge, visit their website.
How you can help – JLD 30 day challenge
We would like to ask for your support.
We're organising a 30 day challenge in January for teams of 10 (as a maximum) to walk/run 500 miles to raise funds for Refuge. This will start on 2 January and last until 31 January 2021.
- we are inviting junior lawyers to contact their firms and get a team of 10 together
- anyone in the firm can join a team – not just junior lawyers
- each team member will have their own Strava page and will track their walks/runs on the app
- these individual pages are linked to the team Strava page
- the aim is for the team to collectively walk/run 500 miles within 30 days
If you'd like to enter a team of 10 or have any questions, email Hannah Bignell.
We hope you are keen to support out challenge!
Also look out for further opportunities to support Refuge including the JLD conference annual charity raffle in spring 2021 (details to be announced).