About the JLD
We represent and support junior lawyers at the start of their careers, helping them develop, and progress in the profession.
What we do
We give members the opportunity to:
- discuss issues of concern
- make their views heard
- network and connect with other junior lawyers
- contribute to JLD campaigns, lobbying activities and consultations
We also recognise and support the work of junior lawyers through award categories at the Law Society Excellence Awards and the LawWorks Pro Bono Awards.
Although part of the Law Society, we have an independent representative voice through:
- links with independent local JLD groups
- a volunteer executive committee
- a national committee comprising representatives of the local JLD group network
- representation on the Law Society Council
What you’ll benefit from
- A bi-monthly e-newsletter
- Training (either free or discounted), advice and career guidance
- Exclusive discounted benefits such as membership of the Private Client Section
How to join
Membership is free and there’s no registration or enrolment process.
You’re automatically part of the JLD community if you're:
- a trainee solicitor
- a solicitor apprentice
- an LPC student or graduate
- a solicitor with up to five years' post-qualification experience (PQE)
Sign up to My LS
My LS gives you the latest news, events and resources relevant to your interests. You can follow the Junior Lawyers Division in My LS and receive our e-newsletter by using the green sign-up button at the top of this page, or adding junior lawyers to your favourite My LS topics.