Join our Junior Lawyers Division executive committee – 2021 elections
There are seven vacant positions for junior lawyers to join our Junior Lawyers Division (JLD) executive committee or become a student representative on the national JLD committee. Nominations are open until Monday 1 November.
Are you a junior lawyer looking for a new challenge?
Are you interested in issues that affect you and other members of the profession?
Could you represent thousands of solicitor apprentices, Legal Practice Course (LPC) students and graduates, trainees, and junior lawyers from across England and Wales in a national and international forum?
If you answered yes, then you could make a difference to the future of the legal profession by standing for a position on the executive committee of the Law Society's Junior Lawyers Division (JLD) or the national committee as a student representative.
There are seven positions available this year:
- one student representative (LPC student or recent graduate who is working as a paralegal or actively seeking a training contract)
- six executive committee members (including a vice chair)
Who is eligible?
In order to stand for a committee role, you must fall within the scope of the JLD membership:
- enrolled solicitor apprentice
- student on the Legal Practice Course (LPC)
- LPC graduate
- trainee solicitor
- solicitor up to, and including, five years qualified at the close of nominations on 1 November 2021
Learn more about the available committee positions by reading our guidance notes for:
These contain further information about:
- the roles of JLD executive committee and national committee members
- eligibility criteria
- tasks and responsibilities
- the election process
How to stand
Submit your nomination by 12pm on Monday 1 November 2021 using either the:
You'll need to:
- include an election statement of up to 300 words, explaining why you should be elected
- be supported by two other junior lawyers
- confirm if you're available to attend a virtual handover on the weekend of 20 and 21 November 2021
Nominations will be considered and voted upon by the JLD national committee.
Email email@example.com if you need any more information.
Download the forms and guidance