Have you considered joining the Junior Solicitor Network?
Would you like to be part of our volunteer committee, advising us on the needs of junior lawyers and aspiring solicitors?
We have five committee member vacancies on our Junior Solicitor Network advisory committee, starting from 1 November 2022.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your CV
- a statement of up to 500 words outlining how you can contribute to developing engagement with the junior lawyer and aspiring solicitor network, including practical examples
We welcome applications from all those who are interested in contributing to engagement with junior lawyers and aspiring solicitors.
We also want to complement our existing committee member experience.
This year the ideal candidates would have one or more of the following:
- a current LPC/SQE student or graduate
- two to three years PQE
- five years PQE
- from a city or large firm
- a criminal aid lawyer
- based in London
Candidates must demonstrate:
- a sound knowledge and understanding of the key issues and challenges
- an interest in building the network
- the experience and drive to deliver support
Successful applicants will also join the national Junior Lawyers Division Committee, which is independent of the Law Society and campaigns on behalf of junior lawyers.
The deadline for return of applications is Monday 12 September 2022.
Appointments will be made on merit following an open and transparent process.
A selection panel will consider the applications and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 19 September.
Virtual interviews will take place on the week commencing 26 September.
Candidates will be informed soon after.