- My LS
Junior Lawyers Division Bookclub competition
Wondering what life is really like working in the legal profession? Enter our JLD bookclub competition to win a copy of Legal Insider by Matthew Berrick.
Legal Insider gives an honest and unfiltered account of life in the legal profession.
There are contributions from lawyers at firms such as Norton Rose Fulbright, Baker McKenzie and Mishcon de Reya as well as in-house lawyers at a range of companies such as Uber, the BBC, Arsenal and Barclays, giving you a well-rounded view of what a career in law may entail.
This resource might interest you if you're:
- an aspiring solicitor interested in learning more about the legal sector
- a paralegal who wants to learn from other paralegals who've recently obtained training contracts
- a trainee solicitor moving into a different department and want to hear from another trainee solicitor who has recently completed that seat
- a final-seat trainee solicitor preparing for qualification
- looking to move in-house
- interested in commercial law
The book has been advertised in the 2020 Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Report. Legal Insider was also reviewed by a New York Times best selling author, who called the book “A brilliant guide with great insights into the legal sector! A must read for current and future lawyers.”
All proceeds raised by the book will be used to financially support students wishing to pursue the GDL and/or LPC.
How to enter
To enter, send us a one-minute video review of your favourite legal book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2021.