The Law Society's Annual General Meeting is due to take place at the Society's Hall, 113 Chancery Lane at 15:00 on Thursday 5 July 2018.
The President, Joe Egan, will take the Chair in accordance with Bye-Law 29. Any member of the Society is welcome to attend this meeting, at which the results of Council elections will be announced, the report and accounts of the Society for the previous year will be received, and the office holders will pass on their badges of office to their successors.
The business of the meeting will be as stated in Bye-Law 20(1):
- Approval of the minutes of the 2017 Annual General Meeting
- Declaration of members elected to the Council
- Reception of the annual report of the Council
- Approval of the accounts signed by the auditors
- Any other business which may, consistent with the charter and the bye-laws, be introduced at the meeting
At the conclusion of the meeting, the President will invest his successor with the President's Badge of Office.