- My LS
Call for Climate Change Working Group membership applications
We’re establishing a working group to review our climate change strategy and to make recommendations to our Council for its future direction.
The working group will:
- identify objectives that our strategy should pursue
- identify work we’ve already undertaken in pursuance of those objectives
- make recommendations on the further work that we should take in pursuance of the objectives
Working group membership
We’re now recruiting for members for the Climate Change Working Group from amongst our membership.
The working group shall consist of a broad representation of the profession. We intend to allocate one seat to each of the following categories:
- small or medium sized firms or sole practitioners
- firms with a larger regional presence
- in-house counsel
- in-house at an NGO or charity
- academia or government
- current Law Society Council members
How to apply
Applicants should submit a one-side CV together with a supporting statement (maximum 250 words) explaining why they're suitable for the role, based on the following criteria:
- a keen interest in the role of the law in impacting the environment, climate change, and sustainability
- the ability to represent and articulate the perspectives of their chosen category
- the ability to work collaboratively within a diverse group to develop a set of recommendations
Please be clear in your supporting statement which category outlined above you’ll be representing.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 30 October 2020.
During the week of 2 November, we’ll review the applications in line with the criteria.
The applications will be reviewed by:
- Caroline May (Climate Change Working Group chair)
- Sebastian Charles (Planning and Environmental Law Committee chair)
- Paul Wilson (public affairs director)
- Catrin Lewis (head of commercial and technology law)