- My LS
Queen’s Counsel Appointment Selection Panel solicitor member vacancy
The Law Society of England and Wales is the independent professional body for solicitors. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law.
The appointment of QCs is overseen by a selection panel comprising senior figures in professional and public life. There is a vacancy on the panel for a solicitor member to be appointed by the Law Society. All members of the profession are welcomed to apply.
Applicants should have:
- experience in instructing QCs and/or solicitor advocates
- well-developed interviewing skills and experience of conducting selection processes for senior positions based on judging evidence against competency frameworks
- demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity
- ability to manage their own workload, and to meet targets and deadlines
- ability to work constructively as part of a team in reaching decisions by consensus; to accept collective responsibility for decisions and maintain confidentiality
Panel members’ remuneration is £760 per day. Reading time for meetings, time taken to write conclusions and travel time are included in this rate and not remunerated separately. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
For further information about the role of a panel member, contact QC Appointments chief executive Russell Wallman on email@example.com or on 020 7831 0020.
The Law Society encourages applications from all eligible solicitors, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Friday 30 October.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (not to QC Appointments). Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information visit the QC Appointments website.
Download the application form and information
Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams on Thursday 12 November 2020 between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
You will be given a one-hour time slot via email if chosen for interview. If you cannot attend an interview on this day, we cannot guarantee an alternative date will be available.