- My LS
City summer quiz answers
Thank you to everyone who tackled our summer quiz.
See the answers below.
1. Back in April, the world’s first image of what was released?
a) The Higgs Boson particle
b) A black hole
c) Proof that the earth is flat
d) A flux capacitor
2. Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange was arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London. Who played him in the 2013 film The Fifth Estate?
a) Martin Freeman
b) Benedict Cumberbatch
c) Andrew Scott
d) Joseph-Gordon Levitt
3. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's son was born in May. How many great-grandchildren does the Queen now have?
4. England and Wales are hosting the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup. How many overs does each team face in their only innings per match?
5. Who got into hot water after flying from LA to London to attend the Extinction Rebellion protests?
a) Dame Maggie Smith
b) Dame Emma Thompson
c) Dame Judy Dench
d) Dame Helen Mirren
6. In May, what object found on the banks of the River Thames was mistaken for a unexploded bomb?
a) A seal
b) A giant glittery Christmas bauble
c) A fat berg
d) The wreck of HMS London
7. This year marks a significant anniversary of the Battle of Normandy and the D-Day landings. What anniversary was this year?
8. Theresa May has officially stepped down as the leader of the Conservative Party. More ministers have resigned during Theresa May’s leadership than under any other recent British prime minister- true or false?
9. Amazon, Apple and Google have admitted that they employ staff who listen to customer voice recordings from their smart speakers and voice assistant apps. Name Amazon’s virtual assistant.
10. As part of the Law Society’s Women in Leadership in Law initiative, how many roundtables were held across 13 jurisdictions?