- My LS
Q&A with Iain Anderson
Iain Anderson is executive chairman of Cicero Group.
1. You're talking to a friend of a friend at a party. How do you describe what you do?
I’m chairman of Cicero Group – I'm a lobbyist, media man and into all things digital.
2. What was your first job?
I was a newspaper reporter for The Courier in Scotland.
3. Career highlight?
Working with Ken Clarke on his campaigns and setting up my business.
4. Sunrise or sunset?
Sunrise – I’m an early bird.
5. What's in your desk drawers?
Lots of unused digital stuff that’s become obsolete – as it quickly does. Also books I love.
6. 19 May – watching the Cup final or the Royal Wedding?
That’s easy – as Arsenal are out, I’m watching the royal wedding.
7. Share some great advice you've been given.
Never look back – always look forwards.
8. Can you recommend a local lunch or coffee spot?
Love the NED.
9. How do you relax?
Theatre and opera – Netflix – Tennis – Arsenal (which is not very relaxing).
10. What's your pet hate?
Being told 'we’ve tried that before and it didn’t work’ – there is always an opportunity to try out ideas in a new time and a new space.
11. Favourite city?
12. What book is on your bedside table?
My watch – my iphone.
13. How would you spend your last £5?
Best value Pinot Noir I could find.
14. Favourite TV box set?
Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister – remains classic – I also loved Breaking Bad.
15. Seaside or mountains?
16. Hidden talents?
I was ONCE a model for Vogue!!!! (a long time ago).