CON29 and CON29O enquiries
12 May 2016
The Law Society's revised CON29 and CON29O forms will go live on 4 July 2016. The revised enquiry forms have been updated to include community infrastructure levies (CIL), assets of community value and to reflect other legislative changes.
The review has also provided an opportunity to incorporate standardised reply formats for local authorities' which it is hoped will assist with the interpretation of responses.
The rules for navigating this change-over period in July are as follows.
Until end of 1 July 2016
- If a current CON29R and/or CON29O search is received in electronic or paper form before the end of 1 July 2016, the local authority will provide replies to the current form.
2 July 2016 or later - current forms
- If a current form is received electronically at any time on 2 July or later, replies will be provided to the new CON29 and CON29O enquiries.
- If a current form is received by post, DX or by hand at any time on 2 July 2016 or later, it is for the local authority to decide whether to provide replies to the new or current form.
- If a current form is still being processed after 1 July (e.g it was entered on local authority systems before or on 1 July and is still being processed after that date), the local authority will provide replies to the current form.
4 July 2016
- The new CON29 and CON29O forms will go live and local authorities will only accept the new forms commencing on this date.
Local authorities are encouraged to reduce any search backlogs prior to the introduction of the new form. Delays to search results could be reduced by submitting CON29 search enquires promptly, if this is possible, during June and submitting new search requests from 4 July. Guidance notes to accompany the forms will be released shortly.
View the revised CON29 and CON29O forms