Corporate In-house earnings 2015
The earnings figures provided in this factsheet are based on a sample of 232 individuals working in commerce and industry who participated in the Law Society's 2015 PC Holder Survey.
This consisted of solicitors who: provided earnings data, were working full-time, and were on a permanent contract at that time.
- The average median earnings across commerce and industry solicitors in 2015 was £87,000.
- Average median earnings for in-house male solicitors were £100,000.
- Average median earnings for in-house female solicitors were £75,000.
- Average earnings were highest for solicitors working for employers in finance and business.
- Across all commerce and industry solicitors, average earnings were highest in Greater London (£100,000) and lowest in the North (£60,000).
- Generally, higher levels of post qualification experience (PQE) and years tenure within an organisation were associated with higher median earnings.
Read the full report below