Regulatory performance survey findings - 2011
Senior representatives from 1,000 firms were surveyed during April and May 2011 for their views and firms' experiences of regulation. This is the third biennial survey on the regulatory performance of the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). The analysis of the data presented seeks to provide the following.
- views of senior decision makers within firms on how the profession is regulated
- firms' views on the operational efficiency of the regulator
- information on the effect of regulation on firms
- a measure of how prepared firms are for the change to outcomes focused regulation
- a benchmark from which to measure any change in firms' experience of regulation after the introduction of outcomes focused regulation (OFR)
- a basis upon which to track and compare the effectiveness of regulation over time