Our strategy and business plan
Our purpose and vision
To be the voice of solicitors, to drive excellence in the profession and to safeguard the rule of law.
Our vision for the profession
A valued profession delivering the highest quality legal services in the public interest and advancing the rule of law.
Our strategic goals and business plan
We’ve developed a five-year strategy to help us meet the goals our members want us to deliver. For year one of our five-year plan, we have set core objectives to help us deliver these goals.
Promoting the profession by:
- building the reputation of members and their businesses by promoting the value of solicitors to the public, businesses and relevant stakeholders, here and abroad
- encouraging members to engage with us more, and raising awareness of what we offer them
Influencing for impact by protecting and growing:
- the value of the profession and safeguarding the rule of law by influencing the legal and regulatory environment at home and abroad
- the value of English and Welsh law and solicitors to the worldwide economy
Driving professional excellence, by helping members:
- stay ahead of the game and develop their careers through lifelong learning
- anticipate change and deliver excellent day-to-day practice with high-quality tools, resources and insight
- stay up to date with targeted and relevant news and information
Enhancing member value through organisational efficiencies, growth and developing our people:
- including creating a thriving, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation where staff, council and committee members work together to deliver our vision and purpose.
Our business plan for 2019/20
Our business plan sets out how we’ll deliver our strategy this year.