Amy Bell discusses three red flags to watch out for with money laundering.
Anti money laundering
Information and guidance to help solicitors detect and prevent money laundering.
Anti money laundering
- AML compliance for small firms – part one: conducting an AML risk assessment16 Dec 2019
- AML compliance for small firms – part three: customer due diligence and warning signs16 Dec 2019
- AML compliance for small firms – part two: policies, controls and procedures16 Dec 2019
- Anti-money laundering guidance10 Jan 2020
- Anti-money laundering in the property market09 Sep 2019
- Anti-money laundering risk assessments20 Jan 2020
- Customer due diligence20 Jan 2020
- Global AML guidance10 Jan 2020
- Internal money laundering reporting12 Jan 2020
- LSAG Advisory Note: COVID-19 and preventing money laundering and terrorist financing in legal practices27 Apr 2020
- Money laundering warning signs20 Jan 2020
- Mortgage fraud guidance21 Oct 2019
- Politically exposed persons 19 Dec 2019
- Property fraud09 Sep 2019
- Quick guide to the Money Laundering Regulations 201725 Feb 2020
- Sanctions guide20 Jan 2020
- Suspicious activity reports17 Dec 2019
- Tipping off a client21 Jan 2020
- As a money laundering reporting officer, what can I tell a client I have reported?21 Oct 2019
- Can I accept my client’s £20,000 cash deposit?16 Sep 2019
- Do I have a duty to conduct checks when hiring commercial solicitors?01 Jul 2019
- How should I check the source of funds from third parties?17 Jun 2020
- My client is a possible sanctions match. What should I do?06 May 2020
- Practice advice Q&As25 Apr 2018
- Should I carry out an AML risk assessment on every new regulated matter?05 Aug 2019
- Should I check the identity of unrepresented buyers at an auction house?21 Oct 2019
- Should we quote our account number on bills?01 Jul 2020
- What should I consider when conducting a practice-wide risk assessment?21 Feb 2019
- AML directory04 Mar 2020
- AML leaflets - for your client and your firm07 Jan 2020
- European Commission list of high-risk third countries19 May 2020
- Anti-money laundering and terrorist financing national risk assessment20 Jan 2020
- Economic crime levy24 Mar 2020
- Law Commission review of AML25 Feb 2020
- SRA business plan consultation 2020/202125 Jun 2020
News and articles
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law.
Maximise your membership
My LS gives you access to the latest news, events, books and resources to help you excel within your practice.Find out more
Our Risk and Compliance Service is a community for people who manage compliance. We provide support and guidance through our magazine, webinars, events, podcasts and features.
Our Property Section is a community for residential and commercial property practitioners. We provide support and guidance through our magazine, webinars, events and case commentary.
Related Books and Publications
The SRA Standards and Regulations replaced the SRA Handbook in November 2019 and set out the requirements that solicitors are expected to adhere to. This text is essential reading for all solicitors to ensure that they are complying with the rules set down by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).