Lawyers For Your Business
Our Lawyers For Your Business (LFYB) membership scheme helps you find long-term clients in the small and medium enterprise (SME) sector.
LFYB is designed for smaller practices who want to win new business in the SME sector and help guide business development in their community.
Our aim is to promote the value of legal advice to anyone starting or growing their business. We do this by connecting you with business owners for a free consultation to talk through the issues their business faces and how you can help.
LFYB has been successful both in introducing new clients to our membership and helping business owners understand that consulting a solicitor early on can save them time and money.
As a member of LFYB, you’ll be:
- added to regional listings which we provide to businesses in the SME sector looking for a solicitor
- sent relevant enquiries from business owners who approach us from many third-party referrers, including the British Chamber of Commerce and Citizens Advice
You’ll also benefit from our ongoing campaigns to promote LFYB, including:
- being listed as a LFYB on search engines and our Find a Solicitor website
- the use of the LFYB logo for marketing purposes on your website or letter header
- free business guides on relevant topics to hand out or send to potential clients
How it works
When you’re contacted by the business owner, you agree to:
- offer a 30-minute free consultation, which can be face-to-face, by phone or by email
- discuss their legal issue and outline the next steps that would be taken, and give them an estimate of the costs and likely timescales
- commit to responding to enquiries within two working days to ensure that business owners get the best possible service
Although the business owner is under no obligation to proceed, the consultation can lead to instructions for your practice and future recommendations.
How to join
Membership is open to solicitors and trainee solicitors who are registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
To join LFYB, download and complete the application form (Word 248 KB)
We’ll send you an invoice when we receive your application. The annual fee for members is £300 (including VAT) for a 12-month membership.
Call: 020 7316 5550
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday