Residential Property Accreditation
Why choose our accreditation?
- Display your expertise – use our accreditation to establish your knowledge, ability and expertise in the residential property sector
- Achieve distinction – stand out from the competition by displaying a trusted quality mark on your practice, demonstrating your dedication to excellence in residential property matters
- Thorough syllabus – gain an in-depth understanding of the key aspects that are unique to residential conveyancing transactions, anti-money laundering (AML) policies, procedures and controls in the property sector
This quality mark stands for competence and expertise. It has three distinct levels:
This level addresses the basic key tasks and responsibilities in residential conveyancing transactions and the knowledge required within this area of law.
The intermediate level is designed for a diverse range of legal professionals seeking to enhance their expertise in residential property matters.
It's ideal for those currently involved in residential property or aspiring to enter this field.
The advanced accreditation has been designed for experienced solicitors, legal practitioners and individuals who are specialists in the complex area of residential property.
Candidates will need to demonstrate not just a fundamental awareness, but also advanced expertise, in the challenging area of residential conveyancing.
- handling difficult clients and requests
- handling breaches of contracts
- understanding the specifics of new construction
- National House Building Council warranties
- right-to-buy circumstances
EligibilityAnyone may apply for and obtain the accreditation, as long as you pass the:
- exam needed for the level
- fitness and propriety checks
You do not need to be employed as or qualified as a solicitor.
How to apply
To apply for accreditation, you'll need to:
- meet the eligibility requirements
- submit a complete application
- pass the relevant exam
The accreditation process takes around six to eight weeks.
It may take longer if we receive a large number of applications or if you do not provide us with all the information we need.
The cost of accreditation includes an application fee and a membership charge.
We will send you an invoice after we receive your application.
|Application||Application fee||Membership fee|
|Initial application||£131 + VAT||£235 + VAT|
|Certificate re-issue||£11 + VAT|
|Appeal||£335 + VAT|
Application fees are not refundable.
Call: 020 7320 5797
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday