Risk and Compliance Accreditation
Why choose our accreditation?
- Demonstrate your expertise – use our accreditation to establish your competence, proficiency and skills
- Achieve distinction – set yourself apart from the competition by distinguishing your practice with a recognised quality mark
- Comprehensive syllabus – gain a thorough understanding of key risk and compliance areas
This quality mark stands for competence and expertise. It has three distinct levels:
- practice managers
- compliance officers
- risk managers
- departmental heads and team leaders
This level provides the essential risk and compliance skills needed to succeed in the legal sector.
- directors of risk
- compliance officers for legal practice (COLPs)
- compliance officers for finance and administration (COFAs)
- sole practitioners
Explore the key risk areas for legal practice, guided by a strategic, ethics-driven approach to risk management.
- money laundering reporting officers (MLROs)
- money laundering compliance officers (MLCOs)
- sole practitioners
- compliance officers for finance and affairs (COFAs)
Become recognised as a leader in anti-money laundering and an expert in reducing and managing major risks.
EligibilityAnyone may apply for and obtain the accreditation, as long as you pass the:
- exam needed for the level
- fitness and propriety checks
You do not need to be employed as or qualified as a solicitor.
How to apply
To apply for accreditation, you'll need to:
- meet the eligibility requirements
- submit a complete application
- pass the relevant exam
The accreditation process takes around six to eight weeks.
It may take longer if we receive a large number of applications or if you do not provide us with all the information we need.
Stay at the top of your game by renewing your membership every three years.
You can apply to be re-accredited up to three months before your accreditation expires.
You can only re-accredit at your current level.
To be accredited at a different level, you must submit a new application and take the relevant exam.
The cost of accreditation includes an application fee and a membership charge.
We will send you an invoice after we receive your application.
|Application||Application fee||Membership fee|
|Initial application||£131 + VAT||£235 + VAT|
|Re-accreditation||£131 + VAT||£235 + VAT|
|Late application (re-accreditation only)||£106 + VAT|
|Certificate re-issue||£11 + VAT|
|Appeal||£335 + VAT|
Application fees are not refundable.
Call: 020 7320 5797
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday