Guidance for solicitors advising on tax
If you advise on tax issues, you need to be aware of your legal and regulatory duties as you support clients to navigate the complex tax law environment
- 2017 tax changes for non-UK domiciliaries and trusts06 Jan 2023
- DAC 6 and legal professional privilege 26 Jan 2021
- Guidance for solicitors advising on tax16 Oct 2023
- How to apply the EU tax rules26 Jan 2021
- Land transaction tax01 Oct 2019
- Stamp duty land tax06 Oct 2022
- Travelling to the EU on business after Brexit17 Nov 2023
- UK regulations made to implement the EU mandatory disclosure rules - reporting requirements for intermediaries28 Jan 2020
- VAT after Brexit09 Mar 2021
- VAT treatment of disbursements and expenses05 Feb 2020
- Are SDLT and LTT payable on the purchase of property on the England-Wales border?22 Sep 2023
- Are fees for swearing oaths, affidavits and taking declarations subject to VAT?30 Jan 2023
- Do I need to charge VAT on services provided by my firm?22 Sep 2023
- Is a deed of variation of benefits a money laundering or tax evasion risk?22 Sep 2023
- My UK client wants me to invoice an overseas associate company. Is this possible?21 Oct 2019
- Should I charge VAT on a medico-legal report from a non-VAT registered expert?22 Sep 2023
- What should I include on the back of my invoices?25 Oct 2019
- When can a Legal Ombudsman case fee be charged?01 Aug 2023
- Where can I find guidance on VAT after Brexit?26 Apr 2021
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. Our vision is to promote, protect and support solicitors, the rule of law and justice in England and Wales.
Maximise your membership
My LS gives you access to the latest news, events, books and resources to help you excel within your practice.
Law Society library
Our law library is free for members to use and offers a range of services to help with your research.
Private Client Solicitor Section
Our Private Client Solicitor Section is a community for practitioners working in wills and probate, estate planning, trusts and mental capacity. We provide support through our magazine, seminars and webinars.