HMCTS has provided a lengthy update on how family law is operating during coronavirus.
Family and children
News, advice and information on issues around children and family law, including relationship breakdown and children in the context of divorce or separation, plus children in public law and cross-border disputes.
- Cohabitation agreements13 Mar 2019
- Consent order guidance20 Nov 2019
- Exceptional Case Funding – guidance for solicitors10 Oct 2019
- Litigants in person: guidelines for lawyers04 Jun 2015
- Transparency in the family courts04 Mar 2020
- Acting in the absence of a children's guardian02 Dec 2019
- Attendance of solicitors at local authority Children Act meetings05 Mar 2020
- Changes to the evidence requirements for legal aid funding in private law family cases (domestic violence gateway)25 Apr 2018
- Court duty scheme for private law family clients11 Dec 2019
- Care proceedings document templates03 Apr 2020
- FAQ: Change of name and wills20 Nov 2014
- FAQ: Varying the terms of a consent order27 Apr 2016
- Family law forms23 Jun 2020
- Private law prescribed order templates17 Apr 2020
- Public law prescribed order templates02 Apr 2020
- Templates for instructing experts in family and children court proceedings06 Apr 2020
News and articles
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law.
Maximise your membership
My LS gives you access to the latest news, events, books and resources to help you excel within your practice.Find out more
Our Family Law Accreditation is a recognised quality standard for practitioners who carry out all types of family law work.
Our Children Law Accreditation is a recognised quality standard for practitioners representing children in children law proceedings.