HMCTS has provided a lengthy update on how family law is operating during coronavirus.
Family and children
News, advice and information on issues around children and family law, including relationship breakdown and children in the context of divorce or separation, plus children in public law and cross-border disputes.
- Cohabitation agreements25 Feb 2020
- Consent order guidance25 Feb 2020
- Exceptional Case Funding – guidance for solicitors14 Apr 2020
- Litigants in person: guidelines for lawyers25 Feb 2020
- Transparency in the family courts04 Mar 2020
- Acting in the absence of a children's guardian01 Jun 2020
- Attendance of solicitors at local authority Children Act meetings02 Jun 2020
- Changes to the evidence requirements for legal aid funding in private law family cases (domestic violence gateway)16 Jun 2020
- Court duty scheme for private law family clients16 Jun 2020
- Care proceedings document templates14 Apr 2020
- FAQ: Change of name and wills25 Feb 2020
- FAQ: Varying the terms of a consent order04 Mar 2020
- Family law forms23 Jun 2020
- Private law prescribed order templates17 Apr 2020
- Public law prescribed order templates02 Apr 2020
- Templates for instructing experts in family and children court proceedings14 Apr 2020
News and articles
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law.
Maximise your membership
My LS gives you access to the latest news, events, books and resources to help you excel within your practice.Find out more
Our Family Law Accreditation is a recognised quality standard for practitioners who carry out all types of family law work.
Our Children Law Accreditation is a recognised quality standard for practitioners representing children in children law proceedings.
Related Books and PublicationsView all
What we're doing for you
The Law Society is run by and for our members. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law. With the guidance of our specialist committees:
- we influence the legislative and regulatory environment in the interest of the profession and the public
- we keep members up to date with sector news and develop advice and guidance to support good practice
- we promote the profession and legal services nationally and we promote England and Wales as a global legal centre