Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, there have been some temporary changes to the asylum…
News and guidance for immigration practitioners.
- Brexit transition period21 Apr 2020
- Brexit transition period: citizens’ rights27 Feb 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and UK immigration for workers and employers03 Aug 2020
- End of transition period guidance – law firm preparation for the end of free movement07 Aug 2020
- Exceptional Case Funding – guidance for solicitors14 Apr 2020
- Victims of modern slavery – guidance for solicitors30 Apr 2020
- Immigration appeals16 Jun 2020
- Immigration judicial review16 Jun 2020
- Statutory defences available to asylum seekers charged with document offences16 Jun 2020
News and articles
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law.
Maximise your membership
My LS gives you access to the latest news, events, books and resources to help you excel within your practice.Find out more
Our Immigration and Asylum Law Accreditation is a recognised quality standard for practitioners providing advice under a legal aid contract.
If your firm wants to bring workers into the UK on a temporary basis it will need to join the Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange (GAE) Scheme.
What we're doing for you
The Law Society is run by and for our members. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law. With the guidance of our specialist committees:
- we influence the legislative and regulatory environment in the interest of the profession and the public
- we keep members up to date with sector news and develop advice and guidance to support good practice
- we promote the profession and legal services nationally and we promote England and Wales as a global legal centre