Work experience in law for people with disabilities
Unfortunately, due to Coronavirus the work experience scheme will not be running in 2021. We are reviewing the operation of the scheme for future years.
The Lawyers with Disabilities Division works with law firms to offer you work experience opportunities throughout summer and autumn.
Work experience scheme
The scheme offers you:
- work experience for one or two weeks, part or full-time
- support on reasonable adjustments
- reasonable travel expenses
Who can apply
You can apply if you have a disability or long-term health condition and are pursuing a career in law, whatever qualifications you have.
You also need to be a member of the Lawyers with Disabilities Division. To become a member:
- register on My Law Society
- select “Lawyers with Disabilities” as your area of interest
You do not have to be a solicitor to become a member.
How to apply
To apply, you need to:
- fill in an application form
- send us your CV
- tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need
You can download an application form on this page when the scheme reopens.
Host a student
You can host students for a one- or two-week placement.
We will provide more information for employers when the scheme reopens.