No-fault divorce: what are the new rules and procedures?
On 6 April 2022, there was a significant change in divorce law for England and Wales. It's the first change for 50 years.
The changes mean that instead of needing to prove the other party is at fault, there is now no requirement to assign fault when filing for divorce. Moreover, it's a completely digital process.
We held a webinar on 23 March discussing these changes.
What's the webinar about?
The aim of the session is to help you:
- understand the new divorce legislation
- gain a better understanding of the new rules and available forms
- to be able to complete the revised online application processes
- Professor David Hodson OBE MCIArb, solicitor, deputy district judge, Family Law Committee member, International Family Law Group LLP
- Karen Dovaston, solicitor, arbitrator, Family Law Committee member, Karen Dovaston Law