- My LS
LawWorks is the leading pro bono charity for solicitors in England and Wales.
It is committed to providing access to justice through free legal advice by:
- promoting, facilitating and developing pro bono across the solicitors’ profession and at law schools in England and Wales
- facilitating and supporting pro bono legal services and access to justice for people in need and without the means to pay
- connecting smaller charities and not-for-profit organisations – supporting communities and people in need – with pro bono legal services and enabling them to deliver their mission
- advocating for policy change to address barriers to pro bono and working collaboratively to improve access to justice
We’ve been a major funder of LawWorks since 2011.
Be part of a network of over 100 law firms and in-house legal teams committed to providing access to justice for vulnerable people in our communities.
Membership benefits include:
- a weekly news bulletin
- legal and professional skills training
- help with setting up a pro bono clinic
- advice on delivering pro bono, including online resources
- access to pro bono professional indemnity insurance including for in-house legal teams
- networking opportunities, including a pro bono forum, roundtables and conferences
- regular information about the range of volunteering opportunities available, through LawWorks (including Free Legal Answers and Pro Bono Connect) and its clinics network
- exclusive access to its not-for-profits programme which provides pro bono legal advice for charities and community groups
- structured training, supervision and mentoring by LawWorks in-house solicitors to support lawyers to develop expertise in areas of social welfare law and assist individuals beyond initial advice
- eligibility to nominate and be nominated for LawWorks’ prestigious pro bono awards
- engagement in policy work, developing LawWorks’ policy voice on pro bono and access to justice issues.
To find out more, visit the LawWorks website.