Social mobility ambassadors
About the scheme
Our solicitor ambassadors share their experiences of entering the legal profession, including the challenges they faced and how they overcame them.
Reflecting on their career path, each ambassador gives practical tips and advice on pursuing a career in law, providing inspiration and valuable insight for students considering a legal career.
By showcasing our ambassadors’ achievements and sharing their stories, we hope to show that, regardless of social background, the profession welcomes talent, tenacity and a strong work ethic.
The role of the ambassadorsOur social mobility ambassadors form a network of solicitors who are committed to sharing their stories and raising the aspirations of students and graduates interested in joining the profession.
The role of a social mobility ambassador includes:
- sharing how they became a solicitor
- raising the profile of social mobility and fair access in the legal profession
- helping people who want to be solicitors understand the legal profession
- mentoring students, formally or informally, including those on the Diversity Access Scheme
- taking part in the selection and interview process for the Diversity Access Scheme
- writing articles on diversity and inclusion
- networking with local law societies
We do this through:
- university and school events
- formal and informal mentoring programmes
- workshops to help people who want to be solicitors through the interview and application process
- publishing interviews and case studies giving advice from our ambassadors
- Ask an ambassador, allowing solicitors and aspiring solicitors to ask the ambassadors questions
Ask an ambassador
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions for our ambassadors, including if you:
- are a student or a graduate interested in a career in law and would like to ask the ambassadors a question
- would like to invite a social mobility ambassador to your organisation, school or university
Listen to our podcast
In a podcast series hosted by three of our ambassadors, we explore socio-economic diversity and inclusion within the legal profession, answer your questions, and hear from both hosts and guests on their personal experiences.