Hiscox renovation and extension insurance
With some insurers, a renovation or extension on your home may reduce the protection of your current home insurance policy or invalidate it completely.
Hiscox renovation and extension insurance provides cover for building works over £75,000 and can be added to your Hiscox home insurance policy for a set time period. Once your works are complete, the extra cover will be removed.
Law Society members save 12.5 per cent on Hiscox renovation and extension insurance**. To find out more, visit their website or call 0800 840 2337.
What risks does it cover?
- The existing structure - your home remains fully insured against damage and loss.
- Your possessions - the items in your home or temporarily in storage because of the works.
- Alternative accommodation - if your property becomes uninhabitable due to loss or damage from the building works.
- Building materials and equipment - those that are on-site but not yet fitted to the property, eg kitchen units.
- Works in progress - the sections of the property that are still under construction.
- Public liability - if an accident happens as a result of your building work - for example, a roof tile falling and hitting a passer-by - then you're covered.
Discover additional home insurance options
- Hiscox home insurance
- Hiscox second home insurance
- Hiscox office insurance
- Cyber and data risks insurance
**any discount is only applicable to policies introduced via the partner, whether existing or new, but could not be applied to policies that are being managed by an alternative third party such as an insurance broker.
Terms and conditions apply. For full terms and conditions see www.hiscox.co.uk/lawsociety. The Law Society is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Hiscox Underwriting Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. For UK residents only.