Lawyers For Your Business (LFYB) is a membership scheme managed and promoted by the Law Society to help you to find long-term clients in the small- and medium-sized business sector, from start-up businesses to those with a turnover of up to £25m per annum.
Our aim is to promote the value of legal advice to anyone starting or growing their business by connecting them with you for a free consultation to talk through the issues the business faces and how you can help.
The scheme has been running for over 16 years and has been successful both in introducing new clients to our membership and helping business owners understand that consulting a solicitor early on can save them time and money.
Who is membership for?
It's designed for smaller practices who want to win new business in the SME sector. You outline the area(s) of law that you specialise in and we send relevant enquiries to you from business owners who approach us from a large number of third party referrers.
How does it work?
You will be added to regional listings which we provide to businesses in the SME sector looking for a solicitor. When contacted by the business owner, you agree to:
- offer a 30-minute free consultation, which can be face-to-face, by email or by telephone
- discuss their legal issue and outline the next steps that would be taken, and give them an estimate of the costs and likely timescales
- commit to responding to enquiries within two working days to ensure that business owners get the best possible service.
Although the business is under no obligation to proceed, the consultation can lead to instructions for your practice and future recommendations.
You'll get access to the small and medium business sector and show potential clients you have the expertise to protect their interests.
Win new business
- Receive client introductions from local Business Support Helplines, the British Chamber of Commerce, the Citizens Advice Bureau, 'Connector for business' provided by Barclays, and many other third party referrers.
- Benefit from our ongoing campaigns to promote LFYB, including paid search and our Find a Solicitor website.
Demonstrate the value of professional legal advice
- Guide business development in your community.
- Show that sound legal advice acted upon at the outset can save problems and costs for the business later on. Local businesses need the benefit of your experience.
Grow your profile
- Obtain free business guides on relevant topics to hand out or send to potential clients.
- Use of the LFYB logo for marketing purposes on your website or letter header.
Feedback from our SME business users
'I learnt more in 15 minutes of speaking with Mr Joy of Kirklands Solicitors in Southampton, than I did in four days of scouring the internet. He was extremely helpful.' Spencer Bhutt, Press Play PR..
'Thank you so much - excellent service. Advice provided over telephone.' Julia Smith, Cozylife.
How do I join?
Membership is open to solicitors and trainee solicitors who are registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). The annual fee for new members to the scheme is £250 plus VAT for 12 months' membership.
To join Lawyers For Your Business, please download and complete the application form (Word 254kb) and the How to pay and return your application' form (Word 455kb).
For more information call us on 020 7316 5550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.