- My LS
About the LGBT+ Lawyers Division
The Law Society is committed to promoting inclusion in the legal profession, reflecting the diversity of our society. The LGBT+ Lawyers Division is the community for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) lawyers and our allies.
We provide an opportunity for LGBT+ solicitors to have their voice heard. Our members work in private practice, and in-house within corporate, public sector and not-for-profit organisations.
What does the LGBT+ Lawyers Division do?
We bring LGBT+ lawyers together to share best practice, and address current issues and challenges in a supportive environment. We deliver key news, regulatory and management information and bring together our services that are relevant to you.
- We engage with the LGBT+ legal community and other LGBT+ groups, and we campaign on behalf of LGBT+ solicitors
- We share expertise and experience, and celebrate the achievements of LGBT+ solicitors
- We provide ad hoc peer support and help LGBT+ solicitors to overcome isolation
- We deliver key news, regulatory and management information and bring together our services that are relevant to you
Why should I join?
Make your voice heard by engaging with the Law Society on diversity matters. Membership of the LGBT+ Lawyers Division is free, and is open to all solicitors and their allies.
Members benefit from:
- specialised events and training
- networking opportunities
- regular e-newsletters and updates
- access to a community of LGBT+ lawyers
Join the LGBT+ Lawyers Division
To join the Division, and access the full range of benefits, please sign up for My LS and review your Diversity and Inclusion interests in Account settings.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.