Professional indemnity insurance
- Cyber insurance for law firms03 Aug 2022
- Guide to insurers' financial security14 Apr 2014
- PII and in-house solicitors04 Nov 2019
- PII buyers' guide14 Sep 2020
- Professional indemnity insurance overview08 Nov 2019
- Renewing your firm’s professional indemnity insurance05 Sep 2023
- SRA Compensation Fund19 Oct 2023
- Solicitors Indemnity Fund and post six-year run-off cover03 Oct 2023
- Top-up cover (excess layer) for professional indemnity insurance15 Sep 2023
- What happens if you cannot renew your professional indemnity insurance25 Sep 2020
- Insolvency of a participating insurer02 Nov 2018
- Professional indemnity insurance15 Sep 2023
- Providing services and taking on roles outside your practice as a solicitor31 Aug 2021
- SRA powers of investigation03 Jul 2023
- As my firm’s COLP, how can I protect myself from personal liability?09 Nov 2020
- Do I need professional indemnity insurance if my employer is not SRA regulated?22 Sep 2023
- Do we have to share our PII policy number with a former client?20 May 2021
- I found an error in a client file. What should I do?27 Sep 2023
- Is cyber insurance covered by professional indemnity insurance?19 Jul 2023
- Should I take out additional PII cover to act in a property purchase for an old friend?12 Oct 2020
- What does 'adequate and appropriate' insurance mean for a freelance solicitor?06 Jun 2023
- What support is available to firms renewing their PII?07 Sep 2020
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. Our vision is to promote, protect and support solicitors, the rule of law and justice in England and Wales.
Maximise your membership
My LS gives you access to the latest news, events, books and resources to help you excel within your practice.
Leadership and Management Section
Our Leadership and Management Section is a community for partners and practice managers. We provide you with support and guidance through our magazine, webinars and events.
Risk and Compliance Section
Our Risk and Compliance Section is a community for people who manage compliance. We provide support and guidance through our magazine, webinars, events, podcasts and features.
What we're doing for you
The Law Society is run by and for our members. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law. With the guidance of our specialist committees:
- we influence the legislative and regulatory environment in the interest of the profession and the public
- we keep members up to date with sector news and develop advice and guidance to support good practice
- we promote the profession and legal services nationally and we promote England and Wales as a global legal centre
Our committee monitors and investigates issues around solicitors' indemnity insurance.