Susan Acland-Hood discusses the challenges and changes to courts during the coronavirus pandemic.
Technology drives change in the legal services sector and the justice system. Recognising the importance of this field, we’re running a comprehensive programme of work on technology and the law.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Cybersecurity, fraud prevention and lawtech08 Jul 2020
- Introduction to lawtech13 Feb 2020
- LawTech Delivery Panel03 Mar 2020
- Support for law firms10 Jul 2020
- Technology and the Law Policy Commission - Algorithms in the Justice System02 Mar 2020
- What is lawtech?25 Feb 2020
- Algorithm use in the criminal justice system report03 Jun 2020
- Capturing technological innovation in legal services report25 Feb 2020
- Digital futures25 Jun 2020
- Lawtech Adoption Research report25 Feb 2020
- Lawtech: a comparative analysis of legal technology in the UK and in other jurisdictions25 Feb 2020
- Research Roundup - Issue 2, April 201625 Feb 2020
- Technology, access to justice and the rule of law report03 Jun 2020
News and articles
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law.
Maximise your membership
My LS gives you access to the latest news, events, books and resources to help you excel within your practice.Find out more
What we're doing for you
The Law Society is run by and for our members. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law. With the guidance of our specialist committees:
- we influence the legislative and regulatory environment in the interest of the profession and the public
- we keep members up to date with sector news and develop advice and guidance to support good practice
- we promote the profession and legal services nationally and we promote England and Wales as a global legal centre
Our committee advises and shapes policy on new technologies, IT-related professional obligations and regulatory requirements including data protection and cybersecurity.