- Changes to the immigration system after Brexit12 Apr 2021
- England and Wales as an open jurisdiction to European and foreign lawyers after Brexit21 Feb 2022
- Exceptional case funding – guidance for solicitors10 Oct 2019
- Legal aid for pro bono clinics13 Aug 2019
- Travelling to the EU on business after Brexit17 Nov 2023
- Victims of modern slavery – guidance for solicitors30 Apr 2020
- Immigration appeals07 Dec 2017
- Immigration judicial review02 Jan 2020
- Statutory defences available to asylum seekers charged with document offences03 Aug 2023
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. Our vision is to promote, protect and support solicitors, the rule of law and justice in England and Wales.
Maximise your membership
My LS gives you access to the latest news, events, books and resources to help you excel within your practice.
Immigration and Asylum Law Accreditation
Our Immigration and Asylum Law Accreditation is a recognised quality standard for practitioners providing advice under a legal aid contract.
Tier 5 GAE Scheme
If your firm wants to bring workers into the UK on a temporary basis it will need to join the Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange (GAE) Scheme.