- Access and disclosure of an incapacitated person's will11 Dec 2019
- Appointment of a professional executor03 Sep 2020
- Bankrupt beneficiaries04 Dec 2019
- Disputed wills: Guidance for practitioners20 Dec 2019
- File retention: wills and probate01 Nov 2018
- Preparing a will when your client is leaving a gift for you, your family or colleagues04 Sep 2020
- How do I obtain a will from the Principal Probate Registry?12 Aug 2021
- How long should a client's original will be retained?02 Aug 2019
- How much detail must I give beneficiaries of an estate about costs?30 Apr 2021
- Is an attorney entitled to a copy of a donor’s will?13 Jul 2020
- Is the appointment of a minor executor valid?17 Feb 2020
- Is there guidance on time limits for preparing wills?17 Jun 2021
- Should I share information about the execution of a will with a rival firm?27 Apr 2020
- What should I do if I have concerns about my client's capacity to make a will?21 Oct 2019
- When is an executor entitled to the original will of a deceased client?21 Oct 2019
Related News & Information
Probate fee increase should reflect new and tangible improvements to the service
Any increase in probate fees must reflect new and tangible improvements made to the service, the Law Society of England and Wales said today as it responded to the Ministry of Justice’s (MoJ) consultation to hike fees for probate applications.
23 Sep 2021
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law.
Maximise your membership
My LS gives you access to the latest news, events, books and resources to help you excel within your practice.