- My LS
Corporate in-house earnings 2014
The earnings figures provided in this factsheet are based on a sample of 204 individuals working in commerce and industry who participated in the Law Society’s 2014 PC holder survey who: worked in the commerce and industry sector; provided earnings data; were working full-time; and were on a permanent contract at that time.
- The average salary across commerce and industry solicitors was £80,000, the same as average earnings in both 2012 and 2013.
- Average earnings for in-house male solicitors were £90,000.
- Average median earnings for in-house female solicitors were £75,000.
- Average earnings were highest for solicitors working for employers in finance and business.
- Across all commerce and industry solicitors, average earnings were highest in Greater London (£99,000) and lowest in the Midlands and Wales (£59,000)(Table 5).
- Generally, higher levels of post-qualification experience (PQE) and years tenure within an organisation were associated with higher median earnings (Tables 1 and 4).
- Around half (52%) of PC holders working in the sector reported being either satisfied or very satisfied with their pay.